In an era of school budget crises and limited funds for the performing arts, parent volunteers are instrumental (pun intended!) in ensuring a quality music education for all. While students analyze, compose, rehearse, choreograph, and perform music, an energetic and committed team of parent volunteers works behind the scenes to feed, costume, encourage, record, photograph, and transport them. Volunteers also work tirelessly to raise funds to pay for instruction, equipment, transportation, uniforms, scholarships, and more. We ask that every family volunteer for a minimum of 3 volunteer points, or approximately 3 hours. For families that earn 40 or more points during the season, we offer a volunteer credit of $400 to your marching band account. Join us in our volunteer efforts, and become part of the movement to keep music education alive and thriving at Los Gatos High!
Open Leadership positions for 2017-2018! We have several openings for the leadership team for 2017-2018 school year. Any of these roles will fulfill all your volunteer points requirements, and we will be highly grateful!
- Vice President for Fundraising: you will be the lead of our fundraising efforts for the year. These are mostly focused on Claws for a Cause, Christmas Tree Pickup and Music Matters fundraising drives. New ideas are always welcome, too.
- Volunteer Coordinator: handles volunteer signups, point tallies, and occasional volunteer wrangling. Busy during Marching season, easy after that.
- Uniform Crew: work as part of the Uniform team to make sure our Marching Band and Color Guard look their best. Note: if all goes well, we will have NEW UNIFORMS for Fall, 2017!
- Food Team: Keep our band and Guard well-fed by meal planning, procurement, and delivery with a dedicated team.
- Pit Pop Drivers/Leads: the Band's Roadies, the Pit Pops drive our heavy gear to and from competitions in our trailers (you will need to have a truck capable of significant towing, but if you need a brake upgrade, we'll help out)
For job descriptions, please go here: http://lghsmusic.org/volunteer/job-descriptions.