(Adapted from comments by Music students)
- Make a lot of new friends, many of them in other grades.
- Master your instrument (including vocals, if in Choir) and/or try a new one.
- The time commitment to music actually helps you stay organized and looks great on college apps.
- Make friends from other schools when you travel to competitions.
- Get physically fit (shout-out to marching tuba players!).
- Hang out with your friends -- at band camp, on the road, and at competitions.
- Participate in something new, different, challenging, and infinitely rewarding.